Mexican Seafood Cocktail – Campechana2020-05-04
- Flavor: Salsa
- Course: Cinco de Mayo Party, Dinner, Lunch, Party food
- Recipe Type: Larry's Chunky Tomato Salsa
- Add to favorites
Mexican Seafood Cocktail – Campechana
This version of Mexican seafood cocktail is inspired by my favorite Mexican restaurant in Palm Springs, La Perlita. They add cucumbers to their dish which I like. I’ve also enjoyed seafood cocktail on the Pacific coast of Oaxaca. One of my favorite dishes. You can use oysters, octopus, squid or any combination of seafood you like, often found in the frozen food case at your grocery store.
1 pound raw shrimp
1 16 oz. jar of Larry’s All Natural Chunky Salsa, Mild or Medium
1 cup finely diced Persian, English or regular cucumber, peeled and seeded.
2 medium avocados, peeled, seeded and diced.
¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons ketchup (optional)
- Poach the shrimp in hot water until they just turn pink. Drain and cool.
- Peel the shrimp and cut into ¼ to ½ inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, Larry’s Salsa, cucumbers, avocados, cilantro, lime juice and ketchup. Cover and cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the seafood cocktail into glasses or bowls and serve with tortilla chips or oyster crackers.
- Serves 4.