Crispy Cauliflower Tacos
These crispy, spicy, crunchy vegan tacos are delicious and very satisfying. The smooth beans and just cooked cauliflower with salsa are a great combination. You can sprinkle vegan cheese on top if you like or go vegetarian and add cheddar or Mexican cotijo. Buen provecho!
2 cups diced fresh cauliflower
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1 16 oz can black or pinto beans, drained
1/4 cup Larry’s Chipotle Sauce
8 corn tortillas, nixtamal if possible
1 cup Larry’s Medium Chunky Salsa
1 cup thin-sliced radishes
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1. Cook the cauliflower in boiling water until just tender. Drain.
2. Toss the cauliflower with the oil, salt and pepper and cook in a 400′ oven until browned and crispy. Keep warm.
3. Place the drained beans and Larry’s Chipotle Sauce in a saucepan and heat over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Mash the bean a little to make them creamy but leave the beans chunky.
4. Heat the tortillas in a dry skillet or microwave until warm and pliable.
5. Spread and big spoonful of beans on a tortilla, cover with crispy cauliflower, top with Larry’s Medium Salsa, sliced radishes and cilantro.
6. Squeeze lime juice over the top and serve.
Food Editors: Please feel free to use this recipe with attribution. Larry’s Chipotle Sauce and Medium Salsa can be bought at amazon.com