Shakshuka Eggs Ranchero
Shakshuka eggs are ideal for breakfast, lunch or brunch.
Shakshuka eggs is of Middle East/North African origin and is made by poaching farm-fresh eggs in a spicy tomato/vegetable sauce. It is extremely popular right now, especially as a vegetarian dish.
Larry’s All Natural Ranchero Sauce is a perfect poaching sauce. So, all you need is a deep skillet with a lid, eggs, tortillas and some fresh cilantro for a garnish. And, the recipe is so easy, you can prepare it in under 15 minutes. Packed with flavor and fresh ingredients, Shakshuka Eggs is sure to become a favorite recipe.
1 16 oz jar Larry’s All Natural Ranchero Sauce
8 large farm-fresh eggs
1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
8 – 12 soft corn or multi-grain tortillas
- Pour the jar of Larry’s All Natural Ranchero Sauce into the large deep skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Using a spoon, form six shallow pockets in the sauce. Break a whole fresh egg into each pocket.
- Cover the skillet and poach the eggs in the sauce for 5 to 8 minutes until the eggs are cooked but the yolks are still slightly runny or how you like them.
- Warm the tortillas in a dry skillet or microwave.
- Scoop the eggs and sauce onto plates sprinkle with cilantro and serve with warm tortillas.
- Serves 4-6.